I'm a yummy mummy and proud :-)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18 week checkup

2 posters

Go down

18 week checkup Empty 18 week checkup

Post  StaceyLynch22 Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 pm

Hey mummy's quick question. Saw a post on the facebook page last night that got me thinking to weather my midwife was in the worng? a few people have herd their babies heartbeat at 18 week checkup, my midwife said they legally don't do it until 28 weeks because you can terminate a pregnancy up until 28 weeks. I asked her to check mine 6 times and she damn rite out refused. It's annoyed me because if she tried to listen she would have known my lil 1 had died. I spent christmas and my birthday thinking there was a live baby inside and infact there wasn't. So was wondering does it depend on where you live if you get to listen to the heartbeat at 18 weeks or not?? i'm just confused,upset and angry all at same time. Thank you in advance Smile xx

I know it's been 1 month 3 days I miss Alex I do just want to know the Midwives Legal rights as to listening to babies heartbeat?

R.I.P Lil one Sad

right now I should be nearly 25 weeks pregnant Sad but Sadly lost baby at 13 weeks wasn't aware until my 20 week scan. Alex was born 1-1-2012 Sad
StaceyLynch22
StaceyLynch22

Back to top Go down

18 week checkup Empty http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy/antenatalhealth/scans/firsttrimesterscans/

Post  Admin - Marie Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:59 pm

CHECK ON A WEBSITE CALLED BABYCENTRE HUN THEY HAVE LOTS OF ADVICE ON THERE X

SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS, I TOO HAVE SUFFERED WITH MISCARRIAGES ONE THING THAT HELPED ME WHEN I DID FALL PREGNANT WAS MY OWN HEART BEAT MONITOR WHICH I GOT FROM ARGOS AND IT REALLY HELPED PUT MY MIND AT EASE, GOOD LUCK WITH THE FUTURE X

i found this info on there ............

It takes midwives quite a bit of training to be able to find a baby's heartbeat. They don't try to listen to the heartbeat until you are well into the second trimester, as your uterus (womb) is too low in your pelvis before then.

At 17 weeks your baby's heartbeat would be low down between your pubic bone, at the front of your pelvis, and your belly button. It would sound like a fast drumming about twice as fast as your heartbeat.

It may be harder to pick up the heartbeat if you have a lot of tummy fat, or it could just be that your baby is very active and keeps moving out of the way. The Doppler needs to be placed just over your baby’s chest to hear the heart, and it’s difficult to know the right place to listen in.

Your midwife won't listen to your baby's heartbeat at every antenatal appointment, unless you particularly want to hear it. This is because even midwives can’t always locate the heartbeat before about 18 weeks, and if they listen in and can’t find it, it can cause unnecessary anxiety.
Admin - Marie
Admin - Marie
Admin

https://yummymummyandproud.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

18 week checkup Empty Re: 18 week checkup

Post  StaceyLynch22 Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:53 am

thank you. I did ask to hear it but they said no. Thank you though Smile xx
StaceyLynch22
StaceyLynch22

Back to top Go down

18 week checkup Empty Re: 18 week checkup