6 week old baby

Go down

6 week old baby

Post  emmamoss on Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:18 am

Hey my daughter is 6 weeks tomorrow she been ill for over a week now with cough been to hospital they said she got bronchiolitis she won't settle not taking a lot of milk is there any way to help her settle bettet

emmamoss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 6 week old baby

Post  Admin jenmum1 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

aww bless her xx Sad

try raising her cot or basket a little so that she is slightly propped up when sleeping x

with milk try giving very small amounts often so that she can breathe for a little while in between milk as she will get tired much quicker because the ability to breathe and suck is harder work x

if you can get to a chemist ask for some saline drops which may help to clear her nose and help her breathe a little easier x

really hoping she feels better soon hun Smile

Admin jenmum1

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  emmamoss on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:03 am

Cheers she already got drops. I hope she gets better too I don't like seeing in pain

emmamoss

View user profile

Back to top Go down

facebook replies regarding your question x

Post  Admin - Marie on Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:37 am

Tracey Knight Depending on her age you could try water in a bowl by the radiator, it will stop her throat drying out so quickly which should help with the coughing, if she is able to get out of bed, you can dry damp towels
about an hour ago · Like
Siobhan Fitzpatrick My son had this I gave him hot orange jucie with honey and it helped soothe his throat x
about an hour ago · Like

Tonia Wyer Hey my daughter had this at 5wks bowl of hot water on the radiator keeps the air moist or if ur gna get a shower or bath keep the door shut so bathroom fills up with steam and let baby stay in the room with u amazing for their chest. Milk feeds little and often 2 much can make em vomit n then they just get worse.. U must monitor her breathin at 6wks old they can get better quickly or detiriate don't wana scare u but its so important if u notice panting 4 breath or not takin feeds at all or very tiny amounts no wet nappies go straight 2 hozzy. My lil girl had 2 go on oxygen 4 9days she cudnt fight it off very well Sad good luck hun hope she's better soon xx
about an hour ago · Like

Tonia Wyer Oh and brochilitus is usually at its worst the 1st 6-10 days so hopefully she's on her road 2 recovery now Smile all the best
about an hour ago · Like
Admin - Marie
Admin

View user profile http://yummymummyandproud.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down